The 11th Annual Morelfest Wine & Dine offers a gourmet experience for morel lovers on Friday, May 19, 2017. This event is organized by the Boyne Area Chamber of Commerce, and two seatings are available at 5:30 and 8 p.m. We are close to a sell-out and are now only taking reservations by phone to assure we do not overbook. Please call the Chamber at 231-582-6222 with your credit card information. If we are sold out, we will place you on a waiting list. Our office is open from 9 to 5, Monday through Friday.
Guests will be treated to live entertainment and gourmet hors d’oeuvres prepared by the Boyne Mountain chefs and paired with fine wines from Bayside Beverage. Here is this year’s menu:
- Morel Ragout Crostini – Sautéed morels, caramelized ramps, Boursin cheese, fresh thyme and a hint of sherry wine
- Soup – Morel mushroom soup, leek crème fraiche, fried parsnip chips
- Gnocchi – Mushroom gnocchi, sautéed morels, ramps, garlic cream sauce
- Pasta – Pappardelle noodles, morels, ramps, confit garlic, mushroom garlic cream
- Scallop – Pan seared scallop, sweet pea puree, morel mushroom and bacon ragout, truffle oil
> Admission is $50 per person, including tax and gratuity. Sponsors of this gourmet event are the Boyne Area Chamber of Commerce, Boyne Mountain and Bayside Beverage. RESERVATIONS are required and you can register by calling 231-582-6222.